Hello all! It has been a long time! I have been super busy being a superhero in my other job that I have totally slacked on all things veg and wonderful on this blog! Alas, my stint at the AMAZING Audubon Community Market has come to an end. I am hoping to move out West this summer with my wonderful husband in the pursuit of my dream job in the alternative health field. Therefore, it is time to say goodbye to the market and hello to new adventures. I am constantly coming up with new ideas and artistic ventures and jewelry making seems to be in my future as well…more to come on that later. For now, try this warming, cleansing soup for these cold and rainy afternoons, and look forward to all that is to come!
Delicious Detox Soup-If you are local to the Orlando area you can get many of these ingredients from Suzy at the Audubon Market on Monday nights…I ALWAYS get my parsley and greens from her; she grows these to organic standards and they are superb!
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 large sweet onion, diced or sliced
1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
1 large bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 large bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
6-8 leaves of swiss chard or another favorite green, chopped
6 small red potatoes, diced with skins left on
2 vegan bullion cubes
1t sea salt (I prefer Real Salt brand)
2t turmeric powder
1T coconut oil for med to high heat
1. On medium-low heat, in a large stock pot with tight-fitting lid, saute sweet onion, green onions, and garlic with coconut oil until onion is translucent, cover.
2. Add parsley, cilantro, and swiss chard. Top with turmeric, sea salt and stir to combine seasonings with veggies. Cover for 5 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and cover for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add enough water to cover veggies plus an extra 1-2 inches (depends on how much broth you want).
5. Stir in bullion cubes and turn heat to med-high and bring to a boil. Once a boil is achieved, turn to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add extra seasonings to taste and serve hot!